Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Aaaagh!!!!

I was trying to write a post this evening, but instead I am going to do a little scream. Don't worry, there is nothing of great note to scream about.

Aaaagh!!!

There's a Peanuts cartoon where Linus says, "No problem is so big or so complicated that it can't be run away from." (It's about two thirds of the way through A kiss on the nose turns anger aside if you're interested. In fact, I think Richard Bach misquoted it in Illusions - put it down to Charlie Brown, but it was definitely Linus, I am looking at it right now).

Charlie Brown says, "What if everyone was like you? What if we all ran away from our problems? Huh? What then? What if everyone in the whole world suddenly decided to run away from his problems?" (over three frames, you understand).

"Well," says Linus, "at least we'd all be running in the same direction!"

Today, I am with Linus. I'm outta here.

3 comments:

Howard said...

Haha! That was a brilliant way just to say, "I give up today".

Attila the Mom said...

Gak! Hope you feel better!

Sally said...

Peanuts says it all, and the scream pic is in the ether today ... Quaker Agitator used a variation of the Scream ... spoons theory explains why I can comment but not sophisticatedly (for me today) put in the link - I know its easy, I have done it before but if it doesn't work I am too depleted to not panic as to why not.
Hope today is a better one for you.